- 8 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1-1/2 to 2 pints cherry tomatoes (any variety), quartered
- 6 to 8 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 baguettes, cut in 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 6 cloves garlic, cut in half
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, except for bread and garlic cloves.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Allow to stand unrefrigerated for 3 hours to allow flavors to develop.
Heat the oven to 350°F and toast the bread on a baking sheet.
Rub the cut side of garlic oneach slice then top with the tomato mixture.